It took three months but I finally left Chicago. Luckily, I had packed $250 of excess luggage because the shippers had lost 3 years of belongings......see those 5 pairs of shorts and 10 pairs of shoes came are coming in handy! There is still no sign of my stuff which is a bit of a bugger. but apparently it's in England somewhere.
Left Chicago on the Saturday and I would like to say sans tears but that would be lying, landed on the Sunday, ate a sausage roll for breakfast in Schipol (just practicing to get back into the British way of life), slept on the Monday as it was a public holiday and then started work on the Tuesday with a 4 hour car ride with my new boss! Travelled the length of the country to go and fill out bank details and to pick up a lap top and BlackBerry that weren't there! Strange to be back but heck I am welcoming working and being surrounded by funny and witty people.
After a week in a half in the office I got itchy feet but luckily I got to hit the road. My first trip was to Hamburg. It took bloody 2 days to get there. The epic journey started with a first class carriage train ride to the Capitale. It was good to be in the Big Smoke but it was hectic so I swapped out Selfridges for Sainburys. Then the following morning I managed to grab a flight out of Heathrow before the airport was crippled by the ash cloud. Still love Terminal 5. So after 3 years of being all about the aisle seat I was booked on a middle seat! Not cool but the European airlines seem to have more room to accommodate my 28" pins.
A Far Cry From 15th and California


No comments:
Post a Comment