I had a one day turn around from Mumbai to Chicago. The jet lag was the worst I have ever felt but I manned up and coped as well I could. It was so good to be back in the city and so good to feel sunshine and see a blue sky. I may have scoffed at everyone griping about the mossies in the city this summer but bloody hell they weren't joking! How can I go to India twice and never be bitten and then land in Chicago and get attacked, Bastards. My poor ankles. Thank you to Lisa and Al for putting up with me for so long. Home from home really. I caught up with everyone I could. I went to Kris' baby shower and lost at the games, much to my chagrin, went to my first and last American football game (it was tough going not knowing the rules and my bible, Wikipedia wasn't at hand), drank beers in the bleachers and of course frequented, Anthro, Blue Mercury and Cozy. I found myself eating Thai food at 11:00am. Ha! It was lovely to see everyone again, including Tee from Cozy, from and so sad to leave as there were no imminent plans to return. So lucky to have met such fantastic girls.
I fulfilled one of my dreams and we went to see Mount Rushmore. It was a double bonus as there were Amish people there so of course I spent my time stalking them. Mount Rushmore didn't disappoint and it was a dream come true to see the monument! Still can't name that 4th president. Lincoln, Washington, Teddy R and Whatshisface. Olivia and I also went to a Bear County in the Black Hills. It may have been a wildlife sanctuary but to see the grizzlies, the bison, the wolves and the ever so cute cubs (not Theriot) was truly spectacular!
So after hols, the reality set in and after a 30 hour return trip I knew I had to go to work the next day to apply for another visa to India and then head to Russia the following week. Well, my visa got stuck in the Indian consulate, referring my application to Dehli (at the same time as the disaster known as the Commonwealth games were on) and was told that due to my ancestry that it was being investigated. Ancestry? I'm a Geordie! The messenger really did get shot in this case and I spent a whole week on the phone sorting out the crap. So because I didn't have my passport it meant that I didn't get to go to Omsk and Moscow.....damn, I missed out on Omsk. After seeing the airport on a programme about mail order brides I don't think it was a great hard ship missing out on that trip but for penance I am being sent to Siberia in December.and there's no sign of my Indian visa. Bollocks
Thomas Jefferson. :)
ReplyDelete