When I knew you didn’t need a business visa to enter the country then it went straight to number one! So it was to Belgrade I went. The only things I knew about Serbia is that there was a lot of civil unrest in the not so distant past and it’s Eastern Europe. We can say we don’t but it’s human nature to prejudge and my mind was made up on Belgrade by the people boarding the plane!!! JAT airlines, on the basis of the food, would not be airline of choice but the leg room was amazing and maybe that’s to accommodate the giants of Serbia.I thought, here we go again but I was proved wrong. I fell in love with Belgrade for the hotel alone! The room was amaze (isn’t that on trend word? Well it is according to Grazia, my favourite travelling companion. The bathroom was so clean and I didn’t feel the need to give it the once over with an antiseptic wipe. I even walked around sans slippers and went bare foot. The hairdryer did annoy me somewhat because it switched on when you lifted the hose to your head but standing at 5 ft 2” this wasn’t happening for me. Buggeration. The lab facility was like nothing I have ever seen and the fact you could eat in it was a double bonus! The only thing I could have asked for was uglier people as every other woman looked like a supermodel. People in Serbia are so genuinely kind and it’s very humbling. The pathologist went out for a stroll in the rain to get this princess a carton of apple juice The people, the fashions and the lifestyle could have eluded you to thinking you were in western Europe but the signs in Cyrillic gave it away.
I was introduced to the world of veal. Bloody delicious. Ethically, not so much but when there is a leg of veal on the table, and you don’t get to eat lunch till 530pm, what you going to do? I was promised dinner in a famous typical Serbian restaurant where grilled meat is very popular. The waiter served me the traditional fare and dished me up a hamburger patty and fries.
Belgrade is a wonderful city, so European chic and they are trying to do something about the bleeding smoking. The people are kind and so hospitable and I can say that it boasts the most beautiful men. I would encourage anybody to visit.
My life in hotels and food during my stay in Belgrade.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment